As shared last August, the legacy OverDrive app will be removed from app stores on February 23, 2022.
Libby offers many unique features, including easy onboarding to welcome new users, a unified bookshelf for all loans and holds, tags to track wish lists and favorite reads, push notifications, audiobook compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, direct in-app support, and much more.
Starting February 23, 2022:
• The OverDrive app will be removed from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Microsoft store. Download links for the legacy OverDrive desktop app for Windows and Mac will be removed from overdrive.com/apps.
• New users looking for the OverDrive app will be directed to Libby.
• Users who previously installed the OverDrive app (mobile or desktop) will still be able to use it without disruption.
• All users can continue to access your library’s OverDrive website.
Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge (Chromium) browser.
Work on an ADA compliant restroom on the first floor of the library has begun.
At this time the back entrance to the library is not accessible.
Entry at the front of the library is available.
Due to the construction, the book drop has been moved to the front of the library. Any material, books, audiobooks, DVDs, etc., may be placed in the book drop.
One of our digital content providers, Overdrive, will be sunsetting the Overdrive App in February 2022. Patrons are encouraged to migrate to the Libby app to continue accessing eBooks, audiobooks and e-magazines.
Explore Pompton Lakes history through local news, events and people with The Record Collection. Search current and archived issues with full-color newspaper pages, full-text articles and content only published online. Also available remotely 24/7 on any device.
Recently, the mask and social distancing mandates in New Jersey have, generally, been lifted, as per Governor Murphy’s Executive Order 242.
- The wearing of masks by vaccinated individuals is optional.
- Unvaccinated individuals and those under 12, who are not yet eligible to be vaccinated, should continue wearing masks.
The social distancing mandates have also been lifted, by the same executive order. There are no longer be any restrictions on capacity.
At this time, every other computer work station will continue to be made available. In the event that those are all in use, the other computers may be brought into service. Computer use time will be extended to 1 hour. An additional hour may be granted, automatically, in 20-minute increments.
The table and seating configurations will remain the same on the first floor. Both tables will be available to the public, but seating continues to be reduced.
Hand sanitizer and wipes will continue to be made available to the public.
We now offer courtesy Automatic Renewal service to all library patrons!
Eligible items will be automatically renewed on the day (5 AM) that they are due. Their due date will be extended for another loan period.
How will you know if this was done? You can check your account online, or if you are currently signed up for email notifications, we’ll email you a summary of what we were able to renew and what could not be renewed.
Please note that not all items are eligible for this service.
We can’t auto-renew:
- Items that have been requested by other patrons.
- Items that have already reached their renewal limit.
Your library card must also be current, and in good standing.
(New! Pay your library fines by credit card from home!)
Not sure how to access your account online? Do you need to renew your card or sign up for email notifications? Just ask us! Find your local library’s contact information at www.palsplus.org/members.html