Recently, the mask and social distancing mandates in New Jersey have, generally, been lifted, as per Governor Murphy’s Executive Order 242.
- The wearing of masks by vaccinated individuals is optional.
- Unvaccinated individuals and those under 12, who are not yet eligible to be vaccinated, should continue wearing masks.
The social distancing mandates have also been lifted, by the same executive order. There are no longer be any restrictions on capacity.
At this time, every other computer work station will continue to be made available. In the event that those are all in use, the other computers may be brought into service. Computer use time will be extended to 1 hour. An additional hour may be granted, automatically, in 20-minute increments.
The table and seating configurations will remain the same on the first floor. Both tables will be available to the public, but seating continues to be reduced.
Hand sanitizer and wipes will continue to be made available to the public.
We now offer courtesy Automatic Renewal service to all library patrons!
Eligible items will be automatically renewed on the day (5 AM) that they are due. Their due date will be extended for another loan period.
How will you know if this was done? You can check your account online, or if you are currently signed up for email notifications, we’ll email you a summary of what we were able to renew and what could not be renewed.
Please note that not all items are eligible for this service.
We can’t auto-renew:
- Items that have been requested by other patrons.
- Items that have already reached their renewal limit.
Your library card must also be current, and in good standing.
(New! Pay your library fines by credit card from home!)
Not sure how to access your account online? Do you need to renew your card or sign up for email notifications? Just ask us! Find your local library’s contact information at www.palsplus.org/members.html
Explore and stay informed on local and national topics, people and events in areas such as business, health, education, jobs and careers, political and social issues and more. Features a wide variety of credible, vetted news sources spanning the U.S., including The Record, The Star Ledger, and Suburban Trends.
Available remotely 24/7 on any device with your library card!
The Pompton Lakes Public Library is offering curbside pickup of library materials.
Curbside Service will be available:
- Monday – Thursday, 10:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Items may be placed on hold by telephone, email or online. Please have your library card number or name ready by phone or provide it in your email.
- Call: 973-835-0482 or 973-835-5661
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Online: https://palsplus.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/PALSPLUS/? or
- 1) A library staff member will call or email you when your items are ready for pickup.
- 2) Arrive at the library and please park in an empty parking spot.
- 3) Once you are in our parking lot, call the library (973) 835-0482 or 973-835-5661 to let us know that you have arrived and to provide a description of your vehicle. Please have your library card or other ID available.
- 4) A library staff member will bring your items down in a clean plastic bag. The library staff member will be wearing a mask and gloves. Please wear a mask and stay inside your vehicle. If you open your vehicle’s trunk, we can place the bag inside.
Starting Monday, October 19, 2020, delivery of materials will resume. Holds may now be placed on materials held by other libraries for pickup at the Pompton Lakes Library.
Materials may be returned in our outdoor book drop. Materials will be quarantined for 3 days. Please note that we are not accepting donations at this time.
– The Pompton Lakes Public Library staff members appreciate your consideration and patience.
The Library Building will remain closed until interior updates are completed to provide for the safety of staff and patrons.