The mission of The Free Public Library of the Borough of Pompton Lakes (Emanuel Einstein Memorial Library) is to provide educational, informational, recreational and cultural materials and services to all residents of the community.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive collection of materials reflecting the needs and desires of the people in the community.
- Extend the library’s visibility in the community.
- Nurture in children the desire to be lifelong users of the library
Offer enjoyable and informative programs that attract diverse groups to the library.
- Provide equal access to information and services for all members of the community.
- Support the continuing professional development of all staff.
Use technology to expand and facilitate access to information.
- POPULAR MATERIALS LIBRARY: The library shall feature current, high-demand, high-interest materials in a variety of formats for borrowers of all ages.
- PRESCHOOLERS’ INVITATION TO LEARNING: The library shall encourage young children to develop an interest in reading and learning through services for children and for parents and children together.
- REFERENCE LIBRARY: The library shall actively provide timely, accurate and useful information for community residents.
- INDEPENDENT LEARNING CENTER: The library shall support individuals of all ages pursuing a program of independent learning accredited by any educational provider.
- COMMUNITY INFORMATION CENTER: The library shall serve as a clearinghouse for current information concerning current organizations, issues and services.
A valid library card is required to check out library materials.